Saturday 18 May 2013

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hrs

I popped into boots not long ago and they had a 3 for 2 offer on all makeup products so instead of just having the offer on each brand you could mix and match. Now I can’t resist a 3 for 2 offer at the best of times never mind when the words mix and match come along but I digress... So when I was in there I picked up 2 of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hrs Cream Eye Shadows, I have never really used cream eye shadows at least not since I was a little girl and they used to come in those cheap make up palettes (which I’m sure we all remember) I got the shades No.65 Pink Gold and No.40 Permanent Taupe as they where the most neutral in the range.



I choose these colours as there was only a very small range of colours, at least in my local boots, and these two were the most usable on a day to day basis, although they did have some amazing bright colours which would look great for a night out look.


The Pink Gold colour is a soft pink with shimmery gold undertones and the Permanent Taupe is a matte medium brown. They both have a great colour pay off and didn't crease at all The colours work really well on their own or together, I like to blend the taupe colour all over the lid and then softly layer the pink gold colour in the inner corners and out to the lid to brighten the eye up. They do set very quickly so you need to work fast with them. They say they should last 24hours but I don't know who would need to wear make up for that long, but they last from when I apply my make up in the morning to when i get home and take it off. It's a staple for when I'm at work as it creates a simple effortless look which can be transformed to the evening just by adding more colour over the top, some eyeliner and extra coats of mascara easy if your in a rush.



They are great quality for a high street/drugstore product and I have heard that they are very similar to the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow Liners and the Mac Paint Pots although I have never used either of these products, I may now have to as I'm excited to have lots more colours in cream eye shadows. They come in the cutest little glass pots and I know they will last for ages as such a little bit of colour goes a long way.


Have you tried these eye shadows and did you like them ? Can you recommend any good shades from Benefit or Mac ?

No comments:

Post a Comment