Wednesday 8 May 2013

My Everyday Basics!!

These products are some of my favorite basics to use on a daily basis. I use them nearly everyday for work and going out to meet up with friends.

Moisturiser = Oilatum Natural Repair face cream.
This stuff it amazing if you suffer from dry or sensitive skin, it’s so creamy but not at all greasy. I apply this every morning under my makeup and it works as a great base. I wouldn’t recommend this for any one with oily skin but if you have dry skin or suffer from any skin conditions such as psoriasis or eczema its great as if have no fragrance, preservatives or emulsifiers.
 



Primer = Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
I don’t always use a primer unless I’m having a really bad skin day. I tend to wear it over my moisturiser although I know most people say that’s a no no but I do find it really helps my make up stay in place and stops my foundation clinging to any dry patches. I really like the formulation of the photoready primer as it goes on smoothly and there is no need to work it into the skin.

Foundation = Mac Studio Sculpt ( I wear NC15)
I know mac foundations aren’t always recormended for people with dry skin but I find the studio sculpt is an exception to the rule. I find is a really good coverage and I thinking the matching service in mac is great. I really suffer from rosy cheeks and it’s something I’m really quiet conscious about and I find this does a really good job of covering them and all I need to use is a pea size amount. It is great value for money as it lasts forever. Although this is my go to foundation I do tend to switch them up quite often as I don’t always need a fuller coverage depending on what im doing that day.

Concealer = Mac Mineralise Concealer   ( I wear NW15)
I love this concealer I don’t know how I have managed without it for so long. It’s great for under the eyes as its brightening, so good for waking up tired eyes. I don’t often get a full 8 hours sleep so I do find this an essential part of my makeup bag. If you need a fuller coverage concealer then this might not be for you and I wouldn't recommend this for use on blemishes or spots as you don’t really want to highlight those areas.


Bronzer = Benefit Hoola
This is a matte bronzer with no shimmer or sparkle in it making it great for contorting. This works great on loads of skin shades, I have really pale skin and find this is not orange at all and its really buildable if you want to get a darker shade. Im not a fan of the little brush that comes with it but the packaging looks great and is compact. I also find it lasts for ages so its great value for money.


Blusher = Benefit Bella Bamba
This is such a cute name for a blusher but then all of the benefit products have really fun names. I don’t always wear blushers as I do have very rosy cheeks anyway, especially when its cold outside. I end up looking like a rag doll. But I will wear one if I have a full coverage foundation on and this one is great for adding just a bit of a rosy shimmer. It has gold undertones so its great for brightening the skin.
Highlighter = Benefit High Beam
As you can tell I do like a few benefit products. The High Beam is a liquid highlighter and is great for giving you that dewy glow. I use is along the top of my cheek bones and apply it with a foundation brush just a little goes a long way so it’s easy to apply without budging your foundation. I also apply a little on by brow bone and down my nose just to brighten my face up.

Eye shadow = Sleek Eye shadow palettes
These are a great value for money as they are under £8.00 for 12 colours. They are super pigmented and are really blendable. If you are looking for some eye shadows on a budget you can’t really go wrong, they do 7 different palettes and one primer palette. I have Au Naturel and Oh So Special which are a mixture of mattes and shimmers for all different looks.

These are just a few of my basic products thats I use almost everyday. They never seem to fail me even on my worst makeup days so they are worth getting if you are looking to replace any of your "basics".

Thanks for reading, Ciao for now! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment